Warning: getimagesize(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/tvoitete/voiceofthe.net/wp-content/plugins/td-cloud-library/shortcodes/header/tdb_header_logo.php on line 786

Warning: getimagesize(http://voiceofthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Voice-Of-The-Net-logo-300x50.png): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/tvoitete/voiceofthe.net/wp-content/plugins/td-cloud-library/shortcodes/header/tdb_header_logo.php on line 786

Warning: getimagesize(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/tvoitete/voiceofthe.net/wp-content/plugins/td-cloud-library/shortcodes/header/tdb_header_logo.php on line 786

Warning: getimagesize(http://voiceofthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Voice-Of-The-Net-logo-300x50.png): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/tvoitete/voiceofthe.net/wp-content/plugins/td-cloud-library/shortcodes/header/tdb_header_logo.php on line 786

NASA Scientists Have Opened A Container With Soil From Asteroid Bennu

NASA researchers in a sterile box opened a capsule with soil samples from the asteroid Bennu obtained by the OSIRIS-REx apparatus. The capsule landed last Sunday after a nearly three-year space mission.

The samples of “dust” from the inner surface of the capsule will be sent for analysis to one of NASA’s laboratories. It is expected that this Friday it will be possible to find out for sure whether this “dust” has been collected from the asteroid or is it something else. But the real treasure lies in the TAGSAM sampler, which has yet to be removed from the capsule. Experts expect this to take about two weeks.

About 70% of the samples from asteroid Bennu will be set aside for future research using equipment that has yet to be developed and built. The remaining 30% will be distributed among a number of laboratories around the world, which will allow a fairly quick impression of the material from the asteroid and its chemical composition.

Latest articles

Microsoft To Integrate Copilot AI Assistant Into Games

On May 20, Microsoft held a presentation of Microsoft Surface 2024. During it, the corporation announced that it was going to integrate...

Volvo Reveals Its First Driverless Truck

Car manufacturer Volvo has unveiled its first self-driving truck. It was created together with Aurora Innovation, which created autonomous vehicle technology. The...

Microsoft Adds AI Image Generator To Paint

Microsoft has expanded its image creation capabilities with its graphics editor Paint. To do this, the application added a tool based on...

Blackview Released The Hero 10 Folding Phone

Blackview has released its first foldable smartphone called Hero 10. The device, made in a clamshell form factor, has a reliable hinge...

Related articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here